MOUNT ST. MARY'S (7-10, 2-4 NEC) vs. WAGNER (9-8, 3-3 NEC)
Thursday, January 24, 2013, 7:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Mount defeated Central Connecticut State, 80-75, on Saturday to move to 7-10 overall and 2-4 in the Northeast Conference. Julian Norfleet and Xavier Owens paced the Mount with 18 points each. Trailing 60-52 with nine minutes left, the Mountaineers rattled off 16 consecutive points to take an eight-point lead. CCSU cut the Mount lead to 72-71, but Norfleet scored on a drive and hit a clutch three-pointer to send the Mount home with the win.
* The Mountaineers have scored 70 or more points in four of the past five games, averaging 71.4 points over that stretch. It has been a balanced effort as seven players are averaging six or more points over that span. The Mount is shooting 47.8 percent from the field over the past five games.
* This will be the 47th all-time meeting between Mount St. Mary's and Wagner with the Seahawks holding a 29-17 lead in the series. Wagner has won the past three matchups and is 15-8 all-time at Knott Arena.
* Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins was named the Choice Hotels/Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week on Monday. Wiggins averaged 16.0 points in the Mount's two games last week, including a career-high 20 points in the 79-78 overtime loss at NEC leader Bryant last Thursday.
* The Mount is glad to be back at Knott Arena, where the team is 4-1 this season. Mount St. Mary's is 38-20 (.655) over its past 58 home games, and is 43-22 (.662) over its past 65 NEC home games.
Up Next: The Mount heads back on the road to face Robert Morris on Saturday, January 26, at 7:00 p.m.