MOUNT ST. MARY'S (6-10, 1-4 NEC) at CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE (7-9, 3-2 NEC)
Saturday, January 19, 2013, 3:30 p.m.
Detrick Gymnasiuim, New Britain, Conn.
GAME NOTES | LIVE VIDEO (Free) | LIVE STATS | FOLLOW ON TWITTER
* Mount St. Mary's lost a heart-breaker, 79-78, in overtime at Bryant on Thursday night. The Mount's Julian Norfleet scored on a drive with 21 seconds left to put the Mount ahead, 78-77. Bryant's Shane McLaughlin, however, answered with a drive of his own with 6.6 seconds left for the game-winning shot. Norfleet's jumper from 17-feet at the end was off the mark, and Bryant escaped with the win. The Mount had rallied from an 11-point deficit over the final five minutes to force overtime.
* Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins poured in a career high 20 points in the overtime loss at Bryant. It was the second double-figure game for Wiggins this season. He hit 8-for-10 from the field and was 3-for-3 from three-point range in the game. He hit a three-pointer with 12 seconds left in regulation to force overtime.
* This will be the 32nd all-time meeting between the Mount and Central Connecticut State with the Blue Devils holding a 19-12 advantage in the series. CCSU has won 10 of the past 13 meetings, including the past three. The Mount has not won at CCSU since a 60-59 victory on Dec. 8, 2007.
* The Mount has lost the first three games of its four-game road trip. The Mountaineers are 2-9 on the road this season, and are 9-37 over their past 46 road games.
* Junior Sam Prescott had 16 points, seven rebounds and four assists off the bench for the Mount in the loss at Bryant. Prescott is second on the team in scoring (10.3) while he is tied for the team lead in rebounding (3.4).
Up Next: The Mount returns home to host Wagner on Thursday, January 24, at 7 p.m. at Knott Arena.