Mount Men's Basketball to Face LIU Brooklyn on Saturday Afternoon at Barclays Center
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (6-8, 1-2 NEC) at LIU BROOKLYN (5-10, 0-3 NEC)
Saturday, January 12, 2013, 2:30 p.m.
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
* The Mount lost at St. Francis Brooklyn, 70-56, on Thursday night to fall to 6-8 overall and 1-2 in the Northeast Conference. The Mount held a 25-17 lead with just over four minutes left in the opening half, but St. Francis scored the final 10 points to take a 27-25 lead at the half. The Terriers then scored the first six points of the second half to make it a 16-0 run. Rashad Whack led the Mount with 17 points while Sam Prescott chipped in 11 points off the bench.
* The Mount is in the midst of a four-game road trip that started against St. Francis Brooklyn on Thursday. The Mountaineers are 2-7 on the road this season, and are 9-35 over their past 44 road games.
* This will be the 49th meeting all-time between the Mount and LIU Brooklyn with the Blackbirds having a 26-22 lead in the series. LIU Brooklyn has won the past five meetings and the Mount has not won at LIU since 2008.
* Junior guard Rashad Whack has scored in double figures in each of the past six games, averaging 13.7 points over that stretch. Whack has scored in double figures in 12 of the teams 14 games this year, and he leads the team in scoring at 12.4 points per game.
* Since making a season-high 13 three-point field goals in a 72-65 win over Navy on December 7, the Mount is shooting 27.3 percent (48-of-176) from three-point range over the past seven games. For the season, the Mount is 111-349 (.318) from beyond the arc, and is second in the Northeast Conference with 7.93 three-point field goals made per game.
Up Next: The Mount visits NEC leader Bryant on Thursday, January 17, for a 7:00 p.m. game.