MOUNT ST. MARY'S (6-7, 1-1 NEC) at ST. FRANCIS BROOKLYN (5-8, 1-1 NEC)
Thursday, January 10, 2013, 7 pm
Pope Physical Education Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
* Mount St. Mary's earned its first Northeast Conference win with a 71-59 victory over Monmouth at Knott Arena on Saturday. Kristijan Krajina and Sam Prescott each scored 15 points to pace the Mountaineers to the win. Rashad Whack and Kelvin Parker chipped in 11 points each in the game as the Mount held Monmouth to 37.5 percent shooting in the game.
* This game marks the start of a four-game road trip for the Mountaineers. The Mount has lost its past three road games and is 2-6 on the road this season. The rest of the trip includes games at LIU Brooklyn (Jan. 12), Bryant (Jan. 17) and Central Conn. St. (Jan. 19).
* This will be the 57th all-time meeting between the Mount and St. Francis Brooklyn with the all-time series tied at 28-28. The Terriers have won three straight and five of the past six meetings between the two schools. The Mount is 11-15 all-time against St. Francis Brooklyn on the road.
* Junior forward Kristijan Krajina is averaging 15.0 points and 5.0 rebounds over the past three games. Krajina is 20-of-28 (.714) from the floor over that stretch. He leads the nation in field goal percentage, having made 71.2 percent (42-of-59) of his shots this season.
* Since making a season-high 13 three-point field goals in a 72-65 win over Navy on December 7, the Mount is shooting 27.6 percent (43-of-156) from three-point range over the past six games. For the season, the Mount is 106-329 (.322) from beyond the arc, and is second in the Northeast Conference with 8.15 three-point field goals made per game.
Up Next: The Mount plays LIU Brooklyn at the Barclays Center on Saturday, January 12, at 2:30 p.m.