Mount Men's Basketball to Host Monmouth on Saturday Night
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (5-7, 0-1 NEC) vs. MONMOUTH (5-9, 0-1 NEC)
Saturday, January 5, 2013, 7 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Mount opened Northeast Conference play with a 72-65 loss to Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday night. Kristijan Krajina tied a career high with 16 points in the loss. FDU led 39-22 at the half, and held off a Mount rally to earn the victory. The Mount was just 4-for-28 from three-point range in the loss.
* Junior Julian Norfleet has had success in his career against Monmouth. Last year, he averaged 20.5 points in the two games against the Hawks, including a 21-point effort at Knott Arena. As a freshman, Norfleet hit a three-pointer with 0.6 seconds left to lift the Mount to a 56-54 victory over Monmouth at Knott Arena.
* Mount St. Mary's committed a season-low four turnovers in the loss to Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday. The four turnovers are tied for the second fewest in a game since the Mount moved to NCAA Division I in 1988-89. Mount St. Mary's had three turnovers against VMI on Dec. 29, 1989.
* Junior forward Kristijan Krajina is averaging 15.0 points over the past two games, hitting 14-of-20 (.700) from the floor. Krajina leads the NEC and is fourth in the nation in field goal percentage, converting 70.6 percent of his shots from the field.
* The Mountaineers are 30-23 all-time against Monmouth, including wins in six of the past eight meetings. The Mountaineers have a considerable edge over Monmouth at home, winning 20 of 26 all-time meetings in Emmitsburg. The Hawks, however, swept last year's season series, and are 4-5 over the past nine meetings at Knott Arena.
Up Next: The Mount visits St. Francis Brooklyn on Thursday, January 10.