MOUNT ST. MARY'S (5-6, 0-0 NEC) vs. FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON (5-7, 0-0 NEC)
Thursday, January 3, 2013, 7 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
GAME NOTES | LIVE VIDEO (Free) | TWITTER | LIVE STATS
* The Mount moved to 5-6 on the season with a 58-55 victory over UMBC this past Saturday. Kristijan Krajina had 14 points and eight rebounds to pace the Mount to the victory. He hit a pair of clutch free throws with 33 seconds left to give the Mount a 56-53 lead. Rashad Whack chipped in 11 points and a game-high four steals as well.
* The Mount has won seven in a row against Fairleigh Dickinson, but trails 24-21 in the all-time series. The Mount's average margin of victory during the seven-game win streak over the Knights is 14.1 points with all but one of the wins coming by double digits.
* Mount St. Mary's is 3-0 at home this season, marking the first time since 1998-99 that the Mount has won its first three home games of the year. The Mount is 37-19 (.661) at home over its past 56 games at Knott Arena.
* Junior Rashad Whack is among the national leaders in steals per game. Whack has 31 steals this year, averaging 2.82 per game. He leads the NEC and is 11th in the nation in steals per game. Whack is averaging 5.0 steals over the past two games, and has recorded four or more steals six times this year.
* Mount St. Mary's is 10-13 all-time in Northeast Conference openers since joining the conference in 1989-90. The Mount has dropped three of its past four league openers, including a 64-54 loss to St. Francis (N.Y.) last year at Knott Arena. This is the latest NEC opener for the Mount since defeating Monmouth, 63-58, on Jan. 8, 2000.
Up Next: The Mount hosts Monmouth on Saturday, January 5, at 7:00 p.m.