Men's Basketball to Face Western Michigan on Saturday
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-5) at WESTERN MICHIGAN (7-4)
Saturday, December 22, 2:00 p.m.
University Arena, Kalamazoo, Mich.
* The Mount lost at No. 6 Indiana, 93-54, on Wednesday night to fall to 4-5 on the season. Rashad Whack led the way with 17 points while Josh Castellanos and Sam Prescott chipped in 10 points each. The Mount trailed 30-26 after a Josh Castellanos three-pointer with just over five minutes left in the first half, but Indiana closed the half on a 16-to-3 run to take control of the game. The Mount defense forced Indiana into 19 turnovers while also posting 11 steals in the game.
* Mount St. Mary's is 4-5 in non-conference games this year and needs to win the final two to become just the second Mount team to have a winning non-conference record since moving to NCAA Division I in 1988-89.
* The Mountaineers fell to 1-20 all-time against ranked opponents with the loss at No. 6 Indiana. The Mount's lone win over a ranked team was a 71-69 victory at #21 Georgia Tech on Dec. 18, 1995.
* Head coach Jamion Christian refers the to the Mount's style of play as Mayhem, which features a pressing defense combined with an offense reliant on three-point shots. The Mount forces a turnover on 27.8 percent of the opponent's possessions (7th in the nation) and leads the country in percentage of points scored on three-pointers (44.1).
* The Mountaineers are 30-for-93 (.323) from three-point range over the past two games.
Up Next: The Mount returns home to face UMBC on Saturday, December 29, at 2:00 p.m. at Knott Arena.