Mount St. Mary's to face No. 6 Indiana on Wednesday Night
* Mount St. Mary's lost to longtime rival, Loyola, 79-57, on Saturday to fall to 4-4 on the season. It was the 168th all-time meeting between the two schools in the most played rivalry in the state of Maryland. Loyola jumped out to a 24-point first-half lead en route to the win. Kristijan Krajina paced the Mount with 14 points and seven rebounds. Mount St. Mary's hit just 8-of-34 (.235) from three-point range in the game.
* The Mount is 1-19 all-time against teams ranked in the top 25. The Mount has not played a team ranked as high as sixth in the nation in the regular season since a 65-59 loss to No. 5 Providence on Dec. 1, 1961. The Mount played No. 1 North Carolina in the 2008 NCAA Tournament, No. 2 Michigan State in the 1999 NCAA Tournament and No. 2 Kentucky in the 1995 NCAA Tournament.
* The Mount's lone win over a ranked opponent came at #21 Georgia Tech on Dec. 18, 1995. Jeff Balistrere hit a game-winning lay-up at the buzzer to send the Mountaineers to the win. Chris McGuthrie scored 37 points in the victory.
* Head coach Jamion Christian refers the to the Mount's style of play as Mayhem, which features a pressing defense combined with an offense reliant on three-point shots. The Mount forces a turnover on 27.9 percent of the opponent's possessions (6th in the nation) and leads the country in percentage of points scored on three-pointers (43.5).
* The Mountaineers are 21-for-69 (.304) from three-point range over the past two games.
Up Next: The Mount heads to Western Michigan for a 2:00 p.m. game on Saturday, December 22.