Mount St. Mary's and Loyola Set to Clash for the 168th Time
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (4-3) at LOYOLA (8-3)
Saturday, December 15, 2012, 7:30 p.m.
Reitz Arena | Baltimore, Md.
TELEVISION: Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN)
GAME NOTES | LIVE STATS | LOYOLA AUDIO STREAM
* Mount St. Mary's defeated Navy, 72-65, on December 7 to improve to 4-3 on the season. Rashad Whack was 6-for-12 from three-point range en route to a team-high 18 points in the game. The Mountaineers hit 13 three-pointers in the contest. The Mount made nine three-pointers in the first half, taking a 45-31 lead at the break. The lead was extended to 17 before Navy made a run to cut the Mount advantage to 60-58. Whack and Sam Prescott then nailed back-to-back three-pointers to hold off the Navy rally.
* The Mount and Loyola will be meeting for the 168th time in a series that began in 1910. It is the most played rivalry in the state of Maryland.
* The Mount reserves have named themselves the "Bench Mob". The Bench Mob combined for 38 points in the 72-65 victory over Navy on December 7, and is averaging 28.3 points over the past three games. Sam Prescott leads the Bench Mob in scoring at 10.0 points per game.
* Head coach Jamion Christian refers the to the Mount's style of play as Mayhem, which features a pressing defense combined with an offense reliant on three-point shots. The Mount forces a turnover on 29.7 percent of the opponent's possessions (4th in the nation) and leads the country in percentage of points scored on three-pointers (43.6).
* The Mount has won three straight non-conference games for the first time since December 2008.
Up Next: The Mountaineers face a tall task when they travel to No. 1 Indiana on Wednesday, December 19, for a 7:00 p.m. game.