Mount St. Mary's Rounds Out Four-Game Road Trip at Binghamton on Saturday
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (2-3) at BINGHAMTON (2-5)
Saturday, December 2, 2012, 2:00 p.m.
Events Center, Binghamton, N.Y.
* The Mount defeated George Washington, 65-56, on Monday night to improve to 2-3 on the year. Sam Prescott and Julian Norfleet each drained clutch three-pointers down the stretch in the victory. Leading 55-54, Prescott hit a three to give the Mount a four-point lead with 3:51 left in the game. Norfleet sealed the win with an NBA three-pointer as the shot clock was about to expire to put the Mount ahead 64-56 with 35 seconds remaining. Prescott finished with a team-high 15 points in the win.
* The Mount is looking to win back-to-back non-conference road games for the first time since downing American (73-62) and Navy (65-56, ot) in November of 2010. Mount St. Mary's is 2-23 over the past 25 non-conference road games.
* The three-point shot is a big part of the Mountaineer offense. The Mount leads the nation in percentage of points scored on three-pointers at 43.4 percent.
* Head coach Jamion Christian refers to the Mount's style of play as "Mayhem", and it has been out in full force the past four games. The Mount has forced 21.3 turnovers over the past over that stretch, including 25 in the win at George Washington.
* Transfers Rashad Whack and Sam Prescott have provided an immediate boost to the Mount lineup. Whack, who transferred from George Mason, is averaging a team-high 12.0 points per game while Prescott, who came to the Mount from Marist, is averaging 9.0 points per contest. The pair are a combined 24-for-53 (.453) from three-point range this season.
UP NEXT: The Mount returns home to host Navy on Friday, December 7, at 7:00 p.m.