Mount St. Mary's Men's Basketball Heads to Georgetown for Saturday Afternoon Matchup
MOUNT ST. MARY'S (1-2) at GEORGETOWN (3-1)
Saturday, November 24, 12:00 p.m.
Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
* The Mount returns to action after a nine-day break in the schedule at Georgetown. Mount St. Mary's fell to American, 62-57, on November 15 the last time out. The Mount rallied from a six-point deficit in the final two minutes to tie the score at 57-57 on a Josh Castellanos runner with 20 seconds left. American was fouled with 12 seconds on the clock, and hit both free throws to regain the lead. The Mount then turned the ball over, and American sealed the win with three free throws in the final four seconds. Julian Norfleet led the Mount with 14 points while Rashad Whack added 10 in the loss.
* This is the second game of the Mount's three-game "road" trip to Washington, D.C. The Mount opened the three-game stretch with a 62-57 loss at American on Nov. 15. The Mount plays at George Washington on Monday, Nov. 26, to round out the three-game swing.
* The three-point shot is a big part of the Mountaineer offense. Mount St. Mary's is averaging 9.0 three-pointers per game this year, the top mark in the Northeast Conference. The team is 27-for-73 (.370) from beyond the arc this season. Last year, the Mount averaged just 5.5 three-point field goals made per game.
* Head coach Jamion Christian refers to the Mount's style of play as "Mayhem", and it was in full force the past two games. The Mount has forced 43 turnovers over the past two games, including 23 in the loss at American.
* The Mountaineers are 0-2 on the road this year and have lost 22 of their past 23 non-conference road games dating.
Up Next: The Mount returns to action on Monday, November 26, at George Washington.