MOUNT ST. MARY'S (1-1) at AMERICAN (1-1)
Thursday, November 15, 7:30 p.m.
Bender Arena, Washington, D.C.
Television: Comcast Sports Network
* Mount St. Mary's rallied for a 70-63 win over Hartford on Tuesday night at Knott Arena in the home opener. Trailing 53-48 with just over nine minutes left, the Mount used a 12-0 run to take the lead. Hartford cut the advantage to 62-60 with two minutes left, but the Mount closed the game on an 8-3 run to earn the victory.
* Head coach Jamion Christian earned his first career win in the Mount's 70-63 victory over Hartford. Christian, the fifth-youngest head coach in NCAA Division I, is a 2004 graduate of the Mount.
* The Mount will be getting used to the trip to Washington, D.C., as the team's next three games are all in the nation's capital. The three-game swing includes games at American (Nov. 15), Georgetown (Nov. 24) and George Washington (Nov. 26).
* Junior transfers Rashad Whack and Sam Prescott made an impact for the Mount in the 70-63 win over Hartford. Whack, who came to the Mount from George Mason, had 20 points, six rebounds and four steals in the win. Prescott, a transfer from Marist, added 12 points in the victory, including a key four-point play in the Mount's decisive 12-0 second-half run.
* The Mountaineers are averaging 8.5 three-point field goals made per game so far this season, a dramatic increase from the 5.5 three-point field goals made per game last season. Rashad Whack leads the Mount with seven three-pointers on the year while Xavier Owens has five. The Mount is shooting 38.6 percent (17-of-44) from beyond the arc so far.
Up Next: The Mount is off until a 12:00 p.m. game at Georgetown on Saturday, November 24. That game will air live on ESPN3.