MOUNT ST. MARY'S (0-1) vs. HARTFORD (0-1)
Tuesday, November 13, 7:00 p.m.
Knott Arena, Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Mount opened the 2012-13 season with an 80-48 loss at Pittsburgh on Friday night. Sophomore Xavier Owens paced the Mount with a career high 15 points while making his first collegiate start. Junior transfer Rashad Whack tallied 11 points in his Mount debut while Julian Norfleet chipped in 10. The Mount hit six three-pointers in the opening eight minutes to take an 18-17 lead, but the Panthers ended the first half on a 25-9 run to take control of the game.
* This will be the 25th home opener for the Mountaineers since moving to NCAA Division I in 1988-89. Mount St. Mary's is 15-9 in home openers at the D1 level, posting a 6-2 record over the past eight. Last year, the Mount fell to Siena, 65-53, in the home opener on November 19.
* Head coach Jamion Christian made his head coaching debut at Pittsburgh. He is the 22nd head coach in MSM history.
* This will be the earliest home opener for a Mountaineer team since moving to NCAA Division I in 1988-89. The previous mark was November 14 in both the 1998-99 and 2006-07 seasons.
* Mount St. Mary's was picked to finish in ninth place in the annual Northeast Conference Preseason Coaches Poll. Two-time defending champion LIU Brooklyn is the preseason favorite, followed by Robert Morris, Wagner, Quinnipiac, St. Francis (N.Y.), Sacred Heart, Monmouth, Central Connecticut St., the Mount, Bryant, Fairleigh Dickinson and Saint Francis (Pa.).
UP NEXT: The Mount visits American on Thursday night for a 7:30 p.m. game. The game will air live on the Comcast Sports Network.